One Phat Grrl

onephatgrrl@yahoo.com

Monday, February 14, 2005

Is all we need love?

I figured I'd go for twice in a week's span to spice things up a bit...

So, happy Valentines Day to all...hope everyone is enjoying it in whatever way they deem appropriate. I was on my way home tonight, listening to NPR (is this a sign of age or what?!) and they were doing spots, one of which was Tennyson's 'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all....

Who really buys this crock? Who would honestly say after someone has ripped your heart out, stomped on it with really pointy heels and then picked it back up and fed it through a sausage grinder??? Yeah, that's really when you can be reflective and say, "I'm so glad I had the opportunity to meet such a ass hat".

So on this Valentines Day, I proclaim that ignorance is bliss and it is NOT better to have loved, it's better to HAVE NOT loved and kept your money, patience and sanity.

Whew. Do you smell that...sure smells bitter : D I encourage everyone to go here.

Happy heart day all.